A tribute to mapo tofu
Eight years have gone by
Through it all, you stood by me
Food truck mapo tofu
In the sunny times
Through the cold winter days
You fed my hunger
And today I went
To savor you one last time
To bid you farewell
Something went amiss
You were not you, you have changed
The smell, the taste - gone
Who did this to you?
Who dared defile your beauty?
Oh, what have they done?
Here in this tribute
I share memories of you
And toast to your taste
You were never like
The other mapo tofus
You stood out above the rest
Your sweetness, your sauce
Your soft tofu and veggies
Symphony of tastes
Though I wish that we
Could have shared another lunch
Change will always come
Oh mapo tofu
I thank Goosebeary for you
And wish you the best

3 Comments:
My little tofu,
you are very talented.
A food truck poet.
Tofu on the brain
Makes Cat wax so eloquent
And makes me hungry
Breaking News!!!
According to misu, the food truck changed chefs! No wonder it doesn't taste as good. sigh.
Post a Comment
<< Home