gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Latest Shenzhen Adventures

Friday, December 15, 2006. Shenzhen, China.

You’d think that my parents would give me a few days to rest. Once again, that’s not reality. The first thing I do upon arriving is go into China. Why?

  1. Pick up kitchen cabinets that my parents had made in China.

  2. Get more clothes made. Because my mom said so. This time, hopefully they will turn out nicer. My mom finally found a tailor she likes. And she may be right. Considering how many tailors there are in the area, this is the only one with a line of people waiting. I waited an hour before getting measured. 1 hour! Wow.
    • Purchases this time include 1 cashmere jacket, 1 3-piece wool suit and 1 pair of pants. And they are tailoring one of my suits for me. I didn’t have enough faith to have them tailor 2 suits. We will see how this goes. Seriously, all this cost about $100USD. Yeah. Exactly. Granted, I hope the jacket turns out okay. I’m really excited about it. It’s light yellow checkers. I’m going to look like a cab. Awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home