Roommate, scenery!
July 21, 2007. Santa Barbara.
So Roommate, Viv and I went to SB for a day of wine-tasting fun. It was supposed to be a drunken day of fun (well, not really since Viv and I are small Asians and Roommate was driving). But alas, that was cut short in the morning when...
Viv: Here you go.
Me: Harry Potter! Sweet!
Yes, Harry Potter came out at midnight of the same day. And yes, Viv stood in line. And yes, she bought me a copy. And when else was she going to give it to me but the morning of our wine adventures?
So what did I proceed to do the rest of the day?
Yup, you guessed it. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The entire way to and from S.B. And I ignored Roommate and Viv pretty much the entire time.
Am I blaming Viv? No. I was weak and could not withstand to the temptation of reading it.
So what did I see on the way to SB? Only the imagined pictures of HP in my mind. Well, except the few times when I raised my head in response to roommate's verbal alerts:
"Roommate, scenery!"

2 Comments:
To funny. It's your fault that I even started reading the series. I got the book the next day and from Chicago to SF, I managed to read everything except the last 50 pages.
Wow! You were actually listening...sorta... -Roommate
Post a Comment
<< Home