Cat's next adventure
Hello friends & family,
So the day has finally arrived – on Friday, I will embark on my greatest adventure ever! I am heading to Nong Khai, Thailand for a few months to teach (as a volunteer) little Thai children all there is to know about English. No, I don’t speak a word of Thai. And no, I don’t really know exactly how they will understand my English, but I’m sure it will all work out somehow. It has worked out for all the other volunteers!
While I am away, I will make a courageous effort to regularly update my travel blog with interesting stories and pictures. http://gatacat.blogspot.com . Please, please, please post comments on the blog!!! I love comments and welcome any communication with the outside world. =)
I welcome each and everyone of you to join or visit me. The following is my tentative itinerary. I will be updating my travel calendar as I get more details. (Calendar can be accessed through a link on my blog labeled “Travel Calendar”.)
Feb – Apr: Thailand (with trips to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam)
Beg May – Mid May: Hong Kong, Macau & China
Mid May – Mid Jun: Australia, New Zealand
I know some of you will be in those places in the coming months, let me know if any of our travel dates overlap so we can meet up.
Also, since I won’t know anyone in southeast Asia and only a few people in Australia and New Zealand, if you have close friends or family there, I would love to get their info so I may contact them and make new friends! Especially if they own or work in wineries!!
And for my final update. After I return to the U.S., I will be moving to Chicago to attend business school in Kellogg. Yes, my time in Boston is over. It has been a grand 8.5 years. So if any of you drop by Chicago when I’m there, let me know!
Cheers & Happy Adventures!
Cat
Ps. In case you are interested in learning more about the volunteer program I joined, their website is www.travel-to-teach.org
Pps. Send me emails and stay connected!!!

5 Comments:
Hooray a new post!!! I will write and comment diligently. I dare your other readers to try to keep up with me.
good luck & have fun before you come back to school again.
have a fantastic time cat - i look forward to the pics!
hey cat!
so you are a blogger after all, huh?
i am a friendster one
pampi.blogs.friendster.com
i'm really sorry i missed your bon voyage party
i hope you have a wonderful time
and i'll be reading what you're up to :P
hugs! aparna
Woohoo! The courageous world traveler is set to embark and GEEZ, I couldn't be more proud of her...
I look forward to reading entries about outdoorsy Australian boys and smoldering Thai men.
Post a Comment
<< Home