Random thoughts on the train
- Do the train conductors have duo lives or families? Most of these train trips are a full day long. Maybe they are a key contributor to the continued prevalence of Thai prostitution?
- I take self-sufficiency for granted. And worse, I unfairly expect everyone who travels to be self-sufficient. But the truth is that most people aren't. Especially young back-packers. Most of them are young and still self-involved. I need to learn to be nicer and more patient.
- I continue to gain appreciation for parents. How do they manage it? To let their kids do stupid things and not do anything about it so the kids can learn. I am no parent and in no way even close to wanting to be one. But the past few weeks of hanging out with younger volunteers really made me think. I see them doing stupid things. And I see them not doing things that seem so obviously necessary to me. I want to tell them, but they won't learn and will just end up resenting me. Man, was I like this? (Probably.)
- Is it possible to paint the interior of a train a color that is actually pleasing to the eye?
- Hmm.. I'm too in my "element" when I travel. I haven't been put into an unfamiliar and uncomfortable situation for a long time. Maybe it's time to try something new and different?
2 Comments:
oh my god. am i?! nooooooooooooo
What kind of "new and different" did you have in mind?
Post a Comment
<< Home