gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Thai Gourmet: When in Rome, do as the Romans do

While at the night market on Sunday, I dropped by a food stand owned by this lovely gentleman.

His specialty? Maggots, grasshoppers, cockroaches, etc.

And as some of you know very well (my annual travel buddies: Ozge, Sailu, Erick, etc.), I am willing to eat/try basically anything. Can you tell what this is?

Let me introduce you to Mr. Scorpion.

This is me trying to figure out what it tastes like.

All gone. Taste-less. It just tastes like something really fried. The maggots are much tastier. =)

5 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that i am even jealous of your bug eating! Glad to see things in Thailand are good. I cant wait to see/ read more.

Meg

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Kristie said...

Greetings from Ireland! I would like to say the following:

a.) That is gross.
b.) It does not stop me from wanting to make out with you.
c.) My mother would take chocolate covered bugs to school dances and feed them to boys. Once they had swallowed, she would tell them what they were. I get my skillz with the manfolk from her.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad i get to live through you - especially since you tell better stories that i do and look good in pictures, no matter what you are doing. kristie - you are too funny.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Cat said...

um rashmi -- you really should aim higher -- try living through yourself. =) we'll work on this when you come to hong kong.

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brave girl! Glad you are having a great time on your adventure. I enjoyed your photos, Val

 

Post a Comment

<< Home