Things I learned about Sweden
So on Wednesday (Feb 22), I went to Laos with my Nong Khai roommate - Johanna. I would like to share all that I learned about Sweden during that fabulous night in Vang Viang.
1. Crayfish Party
- In Sweden, there exists an annual party called the Crayfish party. (Crayfish are like lobsters, but smaller.)
- This party typically occurs in August.
- In preparation for the party, crayfish are purchased and left to swim in a bathtub for approximately 2 days. (Don't ask me where the Swedish people take showers during those 2 days)
- The day before the party, the crayfish are boiled in water flavored with dill and herbs. After being cooked, they are left in the liquid mixture for a day to soak in the flavor.
- During the party, one wears crayfish cone hats. (Cone hats with pics of crayfish)
- One also sings one of the many crayfish songs. (Usually occurs while intoxicated)
- As a decoration, the host would put some representation of full moons in trees.
- If one is allergic to crayfish, one sits in his/her room, mopes and has Swedish meatballs.
- The sun shows up approximately 3 weeks of the summer.
- Depression is widespread during the summertime when the Swedish people take month-long vacations. They are usually depressed about the lack of sun.
- Yet another popular party. People hop around like frogs around a flower pole.
- Yes, there is also a frog song.
Johanna - remember to send me the "how to plan your own crayfish party" kit!! =)

2 Comments:
I think the Swedish people get depressed because they eat seafood that's been sitting out for a day soaking in standing water. Nothing a little glug won't fix. Fire is fun. --Roommate
I'd just like to say that from everything i've learned about swedish people they seem a very crazy bunch of people and i'm very glad i'm not swedish.
Post a Comment
<< Home