Stars
May 18, 2006. Somewhere between Airlie Beach and Townsville, Australia.
I saw stars. I mean really saw stars. Like the Milky Way. Or at least I think it was the Milky Way. It was amazing to see so many stars. Too bad neither my camera nor Erik's could actually capture the view. I've never seen so many stars before. I guess I really am a city girl.

2 Comments:
I experienced the same in Chiang Mai, during the trekking, and on Pi Pi, while I was swimming at night. It's brilliant. In Chiang Mai, and on Pha Ngan, I even saw ALL of Orion.
I just started to drool again - it was totally, absolutely magnificent.
Someday, dearest Cat, I will take you to Ojai, CA, where there is one street light, and local ordinances decree that all surface lighting cannot be pointed at the sky for better star viewing at night.
We will lie on the grass, hands clasped behind our heads, and I will show you the arm of the Milky Way, constellations, and ethereal spheres. That is how I spent one memorable high school summer.
Post a Comment
<< Home