gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Friday, January 27, 2006

Minute by minute update

6:40am PST Jan 27, 2006
Alarm went off.  Woke up to do laundry.  Waiting until last minute?  But of course!
 
9:00am PST Jan 27, 2006
Left Arcadia for LAX.  Flight is at 12:30p, but my dad, Joey and Brian convinced me that I should leave hours ahead of time on an international flight, espeically with morning traffic.
 
9:35am PST Jan 27, 2006
Arrived at international terminal.  Yes, way ahead of time.  I hit no traffic.  Yay to carpool lane!
 
9:45am PST Jan 27, 2006
I'm at the wrong terminal.  I never print out itineraries.  Terrible huh?  I'm not flying Cathay Pacific to Narita.  I'm flying American --thank goodness it's only 1 terminal away.  Great.  I really didn't need to leave so early.  I get to bypass all the lines at the American terminal anyway.
 
10:10am PST Jan 27, 2006
I am typing away at the American Airline's Admirals Club.  Some of you might remember that I no longer have paid access to this club (I still miss the perks of being a consultant).  However, with my almighty Executive Platinum status (due to expire at the end of Feb. GRR!), and with my international ticket on AA to Narita, Japan, I not only have access to the Club, but a key card to the First Class lounge.  What's the difference?  First Class lounge has an open bar and free buffet.  whoohooo!!  So the next question is, will I be drunk before getting on the plane.  Hmmm... let's see what they have to offer.
 
The journey has begun... 
 

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my roommate already! Have a drink for me in the First Class lounge!
-Roommate

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

I miss my roommate too, and I'm sorry I missed your call. In apartment tradition, I have composed an haiku to express my feelings:

Gato has left us.
But she is close to our hearts.
I win cheezy prize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home