gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Observations in Bangkok

Bangkok is the home to the most colorful taxis ever. They come not only in yellow, blue, green, red, but also HOT PINK!!! (Unfortunately, my photographing skills are not up to par and this is a terrible picture.. but you can see how pinkt it is right?) And traffic lights tell you how much time you have to wait before it will change. Nice huh? Unfortunately, street lanes are rather narrow here.. they barely fit one car, let alone a bus!

Like many other cities, Bangkok has many monuments. You can find them every couple of blocks on the large blvds. But unlike most cities I've visited, these monuments cover only 1 subject - the king. There are monument-sized posters of him everywhere! I wonder how they choose which photo to use where...

I'm off to the airport for my flight to Udon Thani.

And oh,
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Kristie said...

I hope you had a very nice stay in your fancy hotel. Have fun discovering your village! I am off to the library!

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell Kristie is JUST as excited about going to library as you are about discovering your village? Oh YES!!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

Dude, the library is awesome. I am here right now, and let me tell you, it is quiet and filled with books.

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gong hee fay choy roommate! Hot pink, eh? Sounds like the jalopies that were in Buzios!
-Roommate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home