gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Monday, March 20, 2006

Adventure at Halong Bay

This past weekend, Lewis, Wendy and I went off for a 3 days, 2 nights adventure to Halong Bay (Northeastern part of Vietnam).

We didn't see an ounce of sun all weekend, but had a great time anyway. Ha Long Bay was beautiful. Stunning hills/mounds popping up throughout the bay.

During a boat ride across the bay to Cat Ba Island, Lewis and I decided to take a break by kayaking in the bay. It was FANTASTIC. (Granted, I had no bathing suit, the temperature was a bit chilly and my pants were soaked to the bones from the water in the kayak.) It felt so different being at water level versus being on a boat. The water was calm and aqua in color (you can't really see it in the pics).



We also dropped by some caves that were very well-lite for tourists.

Even though it was cloudy and foggy the entire time, the fog really contributed to the mystic of the the bay.

3 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That last picture is quite something, m'dear.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually I rather get praise for my pictures, but those ones are just fantastic!

Hope you are not changing your mind and instead of Kellogg join the National Geographic.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Cat said...

Germar- I thought about it.. but I did already put a deposit down on Kellogg. hehee. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home