gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I am in Hanoi, Vietnam

Differences between Hanoi and Nong Khai:
  • Hanoi is a LOT bigger and busier (crazy motorcyclists everywhere)
  • Hanoi is much louder - everyone is always honking
  • Hanoi dormatory has hot water, softer mattresses, a kitchen, cable television and INTERNET!
  • Hanoi has only 5 volunteers (including me)
  • Hanoi has few street food stands (sad)
  • Hanoi is cloudy and colder (I may actually need to buy a sweater)

I hope I like it here. I already miss Nong Khai and all the volunteers who were there with me. Alas, onto the next adventure. Tomorrow, I will explore Old Town Hanoi.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cable TV, eh? Don't stay in at watch the WB all the time. -Roommate

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Nah, we have HBO! And cartoon networks.. and yes, we watch American Idol here too. hahahaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home