gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Night in the middle of nowhere.

May 20, 2006. Middle of nowhere. (aka, Ayers Rock Resort.)

Since we were too cheap (really, it was all me) to pay for a room at the ridiculously expensive Ayers Rock Resort (there were no other options, unless we drove an hour to really the middle of nowhere.), Erik and I decided to sleep in our little car at a campsite.

It is late fall/early winter in Australia.
It gets cold in the middle of nowhere/dessert at night.
We did not have sleeping bags.

I think I nearly froze. And poor Erik ended up wearing his hiking boots, 2 pairs of pants, multiple shirts and fleece, gloves and a hat to sleep.

I will never sleep in the car unprepared again. Ever.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrr! But now you are wine tasting, so you should be nice and toasty warm! -Roommate

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Stef said...

Teacher Cat, you should have asked old and wise teacher Dawg for the night temperature in the desert this time of the year. I would have warned you! Apart from that I am damn jealous! Go and stop by in Mildura if you have time and need a nice harvest job. I have something nice for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home