It's been 2 weeks..
Yes, I know. It's been 2 weeks since I last updated the blog. And even now, I don't intend to fill it all up with my latest pictures and stories.
Why?
Because paying for the internet is expensive! Duh! And besides, I'll be in Hong Kong in another week where I will have all the time in the world to update you with stories and pictures of my latest adventures.
But I do feel obligated to just give you a few updates -- to wet your tongue, so to say.
- Siem Reap and Angkor Wat was spectacular. Pallavi and I took an insane number of pictures. (Will be posted next week)
- My new favorite dish is Amok. (Cambodian Fish Curry) I had it 4 times in the 5 days I was in Cambodia.
- The journey from Siem Reap to Ko Chang was painful. In many ways. Bad roads, unwelcomed fish in the bus, cheating swindlers, etc.
- Ko Chang. Ahh, back to good o'Thailand. Ko Chang is beautiful. But there are more bugs here, in the dorm, than I thought possible. Especially when I helped clean the place.
- I have now seen a real durian tree. 5 of them, as a matter of fact. Right outside the dorm. But no one here will eat them with me. Granted, we'd have to first steal them before we can eat them. But still!!
More to come later. =)

6 Comments:
yes my friend, its been 2 weeks!!!! I got addicted to your posts! Happy Easter or should I say, happy Thai New Year? I hop 2550 is alright, please check it out for us
kt visit cn in 2 weeks. yippee!
Did you learn how to make amok? --Roommate
Amok: No, I didn't. I asked the restaurant for the recipe but they couldn't give it to me. The waiter tried to explain it by telling me all the ingredients I could see.
He: ..and then you put in sauce
Me: What is in the sauce?
He: Many things.
Me: How do I make the sauce?
He: Oh no. It's too hard! You cannot make it!
And that was the end of that attempt.
Cost of internet = $3/hr
$3 = 3 simple meals = 3 rides to a gorgeous beach that is not walkable = 1 amok + a beer
Therefore: $3 = expensive.
Perhaps, for the safety and well-being of your devoted readers, we need to start the "Let's-Fund-Cat's-Internet-Habit" slush fund.
Also, what is Amok? I need to try this amazing, mysterious dish.
Post a Comment
<< Home