gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wendyisms

Everyone, this is Wendy.

Wendy is my roommate in Hanoi. She is a lovely, but quirky Dutch girl. As a tribute to our blossoming friendship from sleeping in the same room and traveling together over the past few weeks, I am dedicating this blog entry to her and her interesting/intriguing/weird/particular approach to day-to-day life.

Wendyisms:
On taking showers:
- First I get very hot water and scrub the bathtub. Then I sit down to take my shower.

On building a decorative waterfall at home:
- But then you would have to go to the bathroom every hour!

On sharing pasta:
- You can't share pasta! Pasta is just something you don't share.

On sitting on the floor:
- Well, normal people sit on chairs. (Context: Vietnamese people often eat on the floor. We were eating dinner on the floor with a group of locals)
(Per her request, I would like to add that she changed/PCified her comment from "normal people" to "westerners" after receiving verbal attacks from the rest of us during dinner.)

On AC vents in buses:
- Who would put these on top of someone's head?

On bright blue shoes:
- I can't wear bright blue shoes with this! (a blue top and brown pants) You can only wear jeans with bright blue shoes.

On height of things in Hanoi (buses, stairwells, store awnings, etc.):
- Why don't they just make these taller? (Wendy is around 5'8)

On muscle aches after hiking and a massage:
- I don't have muscle pains from the trek. I have them from the massage.

On drinking alcohol:
- Why would you drink if you're not thirsty?

On the question "who says these things" (referring to all the Wendyisms shown above):
- I know you have thought about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home