gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A slightly tired traveler

I'm a bit tired
Tired of traveling by myself
While it is fun to meet new people and make new friends
The effort can be exhausting
After 2 months of this
I rather just travel with people I already know
Friends offer a familiar face and smile
A break from the constant "where are you from"s and "what do you do"s
Fortunately, I will get that break soon
When I arrive in Siem Reap, Cambodia and see Pallavi
I can't wait to see her and to rest
And to know that I don't need to have all the plans
All the precautions
All the "put up a happy, cheery face" on my own
But that I can share it with someone else
A fellow friend, a fellow traveler

4 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry dear Cat, Kizzle, Riko, and Jomama are coming to the rescue. We have VERY low standards when it comes to being entertained.

Case in point: On my Bahamas cruise, I had a 30 minute giggling seizure over a drunk guy singing the song "Strokin'". And the waiter who indulged us by performing the Chicke Dance in his tuxedo. So really, as long as you stand there, and breathe, I'll be happy as can be.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Kristie said...

Oh hi dean how.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that the yellow flower on the left side of kristie's picture is being held by me.

Teehee.

 
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cat, I can see that you're tired of travelling by yourself, and as you said it's really exhausting to always try to be in your best mood! But, I'm sure you'll have a great time! I'm really impressed that you fired the AK-47 by the way! You go!! Take care and have fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home