gatacat - world adventurer

living and savoring all the flavors the world has to offer

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A day in the life of Cat

So I figure I'd give all y'all a glimpse into my life.

6:30a Wake up because I'm still jet-lagged and because I go to bed so early
8:30a Bike to school and teach
12:00p Eat home-cooked meals at school (taste just like home! except when we have curry)
12:30p Return to the dorm and chill for a bit
2-6p Filler time (read, write, surf the net, walk around, bike, errands, get massage, etc.) (I'm thinking about volunteering my time to tutor the niece of the internet cafe owner on her GRE)
6:00p Bike to the temple and teach the monks for an hour
7:15p Eat - at restaurants or on the streets.. there are some really amazing banana pancakes/crepes... sooooooooo gooooooooooooooood
8:30p Chill out with other volunteers, watch dvds
10:00p Sleep 'cuz there's nothing else to do.

Repeat.

So yes, I hope to make some changes to this soon. Because I arrived in between two big groups of volunteers, I have yet to be properly introduced to the program, teaching, etc. So next week, my afternoons will be spent taking classes on the Thai language and other basic stuff. After that, I plan to begin taking an intensive yoga/meditation class (7 hours a day - 3 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon) for 7-10 days. And after that, well, we'll just see. I'm still looking around for Thai massage classes. Maybe I'll find something interesting soon.

4 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Wat Po to learn how to do Thai massages!

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take some pictures and post them on your blog. That should entertain you (and me!)
-Roommate

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

I hereby offer my body to you for massage practice... or whatever other purposes you deem fit.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Cat said...

1. Isn't Wat Po in Bangkok? I don't think I'll have much time in Bangkok. But I'll see what there is around here.
2. Roommate - Pics take so long to upload! And they only upload 50% of the time. But I will work on in. In the mean time, I did upload a picture on one of my previous posts. Check it out.
3. Thank you k-tappity. =) I will think of some good use for your body...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home